Pages

7.13.2011

what i'm reading...

I recently began another great summer read, "Water for Elephants" by Sarah Gruen. This book has been on my LONG list of books to read for a year or two, but now that it is being made into a movie (with one of my favorite actresses - Reece Witherspoon), I realized it is finally time to read it, before seeing the movies. As most people would agree, the book is always better than the movie. In addition to being on my list, it is also a number one New York Times bestseller.

Does anyone remember the HBO original series, Carnivale? I loved that show, and this book kind of reminds me of the show. I love the depression-era circus story.
...combines outrageously whimsical premises with crowd-pleasing romanticism... -New York Times
While I'm no expert on the book (I'm just two chapters in as a write), I already recommend this book. If you're planning on seeing the movie, at least give the book a go first!

No comments:

Post a Comment