Pages

2.22.2011

new kitchen gadgets

I've gotten some great new kitchen gadgets recently. I'm pretty excited about them, and HIGHLY recommend both of these items!

Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 GriddlerCuisanart Griddler
So far, I've used this for paninis (see my gourmet grilled cheese post) and to "grill" some chicken sausage with it during the freezing rain yesterday.

You can use it as a panini press, a grill, and a griddle.

I was really planning to just buy a panini press, but for a few extra bucks got this upgraded item. One of my favorite things about it is that the cooking plates on the top and bottom are removable for easy cleaning. They are even dishwashwer safe! Most other appliances like this are such a pain to clean when you have to put the entire thing in the sink. It also has heat controls, unlike most panini presses. 

KitchenAid KSM152PSNK Custom Metallic Series 5-Quart Mixer, Brushed NickelKitchen-Aid Pro 500 Series
I was so excited to get this for Christmas from James! It looks gorgeous on the countertop, I love the brushed nickel finish. It is so much faster than using a hand mixer, and I can walk away or do other things while it is mixing. It came with a whisk and and flat beater attachment, and also a dough hook for kneading bread doughs. 

I've already gotten a lot of use out of this one in the last 2 months. I really want to get some of the other attachments for it sometime... there are so many! Some I'd like to have: 
  • Ice Cream Maker: For making ice cream, obviously, and sorbet, frozen custard, etc. 
  • Pasta Roller: Again obviously, for making homemade pastas. So much easier than rolling out by hand!
  • Food Grinder: Grinding meats for hamburgers, meatloaf, custom-blended sausages, etc. and grinding large grains


No comments:

Post a Comment