Pages

11.21.2010

downstairs bathroom

We've been working on lots of things in the house recently. There is finally one room that is basically done - the downstairs bathroom!

When we moved in, the bathroom was a basic tan color, along with many other rooms in the house. We want the rooms in the house to have more impact with the colors. We were also excited to be able to paint rooms whatever color we want after living in rental houses and apartments for so long, where you are stuck with whatever color it is - usually tan or white.

The wheat color and white were already set as part of the color palette because of the white fixtures in the bathroom (shower, sink, toilet) and the wheat-colored tile floor. I wanted this room to be kind of bold, but still somewhat neutral so it didn't seem out of place in comparison to the rooms around it, so I chose the light slate color for the walls. I found a great shower curtain at target, and incorporated the mustard color from it.

This was the first room I've ever painted by myself, I'm pretty proud of it! I knocked it out one Sunday afternoon and only had to make a few touch-ups. I can't wait to get some of the other rooms in the house painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment